Thursday, October 23, 2008

Old and New Christmas Card


I don't even know where to start with this card! The tree image I've had forever and is by Northwoods Rubber stamps. Its a great stamp and its big! I suppose about 5-6 years ago I stamped the image on glossy cs and embossed it with a copper color. I sponged the sky, I'm guessing all this by looking at it! In my drawer it went. Today I was upstairs in my craft room looking for something and ran across and old cardboard frame I was saving, for what?? LOL It was starting to yellow! AHHH, bright idea, now where is that tree scene image I have? So after a lot of searching, found it. Another bright idea, i'm going to emboss it with that pretty light blue embossing powder. WRONG! Either the card board was to old, to thick or something, it wouldn't emboss. As long as I have been stamping, I do not own a heat gun! I use, yes, the stove! Well trying to emboss this cardboard almost started it on fire, it was turning a nice parchment brown. Hubby was not happy with me, since the whole house started to smell like burning cardboard. Went back over to the cupboard and brushed off the embossing color. Went and got my Kaleidacolor, Blue Breeze and stamped TAC Holly Swirls and stamped those out. Then cardboard still looked pretty brown underneath, I sponged the frame with my Kaleidacolors. Used my sparkly Gelly Roll pen and went over the swirls a few times so they would show up as sparkly, which you can't catch in the picture. I also took my Diamond Sticklers and dotted up the trees to look like fresh fallen snow. I used an image by Whiff of Joy that was sent to me from a good friend. I colored her and the reindeer, then used my turqouis stickles and put on the fur. Way to much glitter, so wiped that off. Used an OLD old ink pad from Hero Arts called The Inkers. Its a white fluffy looking ink. Still works. Then I just put it all together and this is how it turned out. Not bad for taking 6 years to put together!
Thanks for stopping by.
hugz

4 comments:

Loreen said...

You are a super craft woman =) Love what you did!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Too funny Deb! You need to get yourself a heat gun for sure! I love the whole card & ya know I'm partial to those Max & Millie stamps!

hugz,
Suzanne

stampingtink said...

Way, way too cute! Love the frame and the image is just adorable. Who would have thought that six years of stamping could come together so beautifully? Love, love it! OK, so I'm getting you a heat gun for Christmas! I may have to send my package way ahead of time just to keep your house and crafts safe!

having a {me} day said...

RFLMAO! What a hilarious story! I can smell that burning cardboard! I love the way this has come out. Those trees look fabulous. Not bad for 6 years in the making. You really must get a heat gun!