Friday, June 13, 2008

Flood


As most of you know, we had flooding in SE MN yesterday. Of course not as bad as Cedar Rapids, but our Cedar River flows right to them. We are on a hill so the water comes up just a short way. In back of us is Queen of Angels Church, totally flooded. Along with many homes through out the city. I wasn't one of the joy seakers out driving yesterday, I could walk in my back yard and see enough. The photo is 1 1/2 blocks from my house. I'm standing on the bridge looking north. You can see how far the water is up to the bridge. The current was awful. I got off the bridge as fast as I got on there!

When I stood in my back yard, on the hill, this was my view. See the pavilion almost to the top!

3 houses away is the corner from my house. I'm standing in the middle of the street. Center, at the very end, is where the river is. Its a "T" intersection there and one of our main streets going through town. On the left is the Church and on the right is the park. Just over on the next block, they aren't as lucky as we are being on the hill. You heard pumps working all night long, trying to empty their basements. We flood about every 4 years. The worst being 2004.
Just thought I would show you what disaster we've had in town. My heart goes out to all the people, here and Iowa that have lost everything. You are all in my prayers.
hugz

No comments: