Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mariah's Birthday Card


Its hard to believe August 7th will be my first grandchilds birthday. I remember the day she was born. I remember how excited I was! After she was born, everyone was tired or shell shocked and I was the first one to feed her. It was a very long labor! I remember taking her in my arms and talking to her and telling her how special she was and all the things we were going to do together. At 2 weeks old, I took Mariah to meet her great gramma and grampa. 250 miles her and I drove. She was perfect! We stopped once for a feeding, she loved to ride! Mariah stayed with gramma every other weekend for one year. It turned out Mariah was very colicy! I figured mommy and daddy needed a break from sleepless nights. Of course colicy or not, she was perfect to me! She will be celebrating her 7th birthday! Where does the time go? We still have so much fun together. I don't get to see her as much as I would like now, they grow and get involved in dance, swimming, soccer and have their friends. But the times we do spend together are so special! Oh, and she loves to stamp with gramma!! She is really good too! LOL
I had to make a card that was extra special for her on her Golden Birthday. The card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. This is Tilda with the balloons. Background paper is by DaisyD. I punched the green and pink (Bazzill cs) with my MS border punch. Dew drops on the side The large jeweled brads are by Heidi Swapp. Flowers by Prima. The 7, I'll get back to you on that, for the life of me I can't remember who its by, but they are fantatic! Almost everything came in the June or July kit from WishOnAScrap. Tilda with balloons by Magnolia Stamps. I colored her with my Prisma's and goo gone. I always paint the wings with So Soft fabric paint by DecoArt and a tiny paint brush!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creations!
hugz

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Beautiful card, Deb! She will LOVE it.

I put the award I got from you on my blog - finally. Thanks!!

Danni said...

Very cute!! And happy birthday to Mariah!

Monica said...

Beautiful...she's gonna love it!

HollywoodDDH said...

I want to "7" again! Mariah will save THIS one forever!