Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tilda with the BIG Floppy Hat!


Well, Tilda with the Big Floppy Hat is a story in herself! First, don't look for Tilda with the Big Floppy Hat stamp! You won't find her, anywhere! LOL A friend of mine, Denise, sent me some images of Tilda Stamps, until my order comes in. Last night looking through my images, this one caught my eye! I loved her hat with flowers! And how cute she was holding the strings that tie her bonnet on! I set everything up, Prisma's, googone, blending stump and started coloring. When I got to the lower right corner of her bonnet, I had a hard time figuring out the fine detail so I went on a hunt to find a finished Tilda with Floppy Hat! I searched and searched every blog I could find that had Tilda's with the hat. There wasn't a one anywhere! Well, you know why there was no Tilda with a Floppy Hat?? Because its not a floppy hat at all, its a garland jump rope! To late for me, already colored and lookin cute! So I continued with her and I love her! I think this is one of my favorites! Maybe because I think it is so funny! I love the turquois and lavanders together. My background paper is just some I had in my stash, I liked it because it just wasn't a flat turqouis, it has white in it. I used my swirls embossing folder. The corners are cut using my Architectual Accents Sizzix Dies. I used just a white cs on those and then used my dewdrop inks and blotted color on them. My swirl bleached chipboard is from the July Kit from Loreen. Also in the kit were these great rhinestone brads that I LOVE! I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes out and added the brads. Each flower (Primas) also have a brad in the center. Ribbon, where else? JoAnn Fabric in the $ bin! I used my oval nesties for the ovals and lightly went around the edges with my sponge daubers.
If anything, I had the best time with this card! We all see the world in a different way! I guess mine is hats! LOL
Hope everyone has had a great week! One more day till the weekend!
hugz

4 comments:

Jackie said...

This is so funny!!! Look at this older post of mine http://jlyne-mypaperworld.blogspot.com/2008/07/lavender-and-lace.html
I did the same thing.Never knew until your post:)

Lynette said...

Oh, that's too funny, Deb! Your card is very beautiful, and I LOVE her HAT!!! Hugz.

Danni said...

Very cute!! and I like the way you made it into a hat, I never would've known it wasn't.
And....the set I used on my waterfall card IS NOT retired, amazing huh??

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of the story about bubble-bella - how some people think there's a rubber ducky in the tub with her and color it that way, and other people say it's just bubbles!

cute card - love love love the colors!!!